UFone Network policies regarding our services and business practices.
UFone High Speed Internet Acceptable use Policy
UFone Network and its affiliates and/or distribution partners are pleased that you have chosen High Speed InternetSM service. Our goal is to provide you and our other subscribers with an enriched, high quality Internet experience. This Acceptable Use Policy has been designed to protect our Service, our subscribers, and the Internet community from inappropriate, illegal or otherwise objectionable activities. Please read this policy prior to accessing the Service. Violation of any term of this may result in the immediate suspension or termination of either your access to the Service and/or your account. This should be read in conjunction with the UFoen High Speed Internet Subscriber Agreement, Privacy Policies, and other applicable policies.
By using the Service, you agree to abide by, and require others using the Service via your account to abide by the terms. This will be updated from time to time, so you should consult this document regularly to ensure that your activities conform to the most recent version. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY STOP THE USE OF THE SERVICES AND NOTIFY THE UFONE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT SO THAT YOUR ACCOUNT MAY BE CLOSED.
1. Prohibited Activities. You may not use the Service in a manner that violates any applicable local, state, federal or international law, order or regulation. Additionally, you may not use the Service to:
- Harm to Minors. You may not use the Service to harm or attempt to harm a minor, including, but not limited to, hosting, possessing, distributing, or transmitting child pornography or other material that is unlawful.
- Conduct, participate in, or otherwise facilitate, pyramid or other illegal soliciting schemes.
- Take part in any fraudulent activities, including impersonating any person or entity or forging anyone else’s digital or manual signature.
- Invade another person’s privacy, stalk, harass, or otherwise violate the rights of others.
- Post, transmit, or distribute content that is illegal, threatening, abusive, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, promotes violence, or is otherwise offensive or objectionable in UFone sole discretion.
- Restrict, inhibit, or otherwise interfere with the ability of any other person to use or enjoy their equipment or the Service, including, without limitation, by posting or transmitting any information or software which contains a virus, lock, key, bomb, worm, Trojan botnet, cancelbot, or other harmful feature.
- Access or use the Service with an IP address other than the dynamic Internet Protocol (“IP”) address assigned to you which adheres to dynamic host configuration protocol (“DHCP”). You may not configure the Service or any related equipment to access or use a static IP address or use any protocol other than DHCP.
- Modify any cable modem connected to the UFone network, regardless of whether the modem is owned by you or leased from UFone, in order to commit theft of the Service, fraudulently use the Service or provide the Service to a third party. UFone may work with law enforcement if any such theft or fraud occurs.
- Modify the MAC address of any modem connected to the UFone network.
- Collect or store personal data about other users.
- Use an IP address not assigned to you by UFone.
- Violate any other UFone policy or guideline.
- Resell or redistribute the Service to any third party via any means including but not limited to wireless technology.
2. Intellectual Property Infringement. You may not use the Service to post, copy, transmit, or disseminate any content that infringes the patents, copyrights, trade secrets, trademark, moral rights, or propriety rights of any party. UFone assumes no responsibility, and you assume all risk regarding the determination of whether material is in the public domain, or may otherwise be used by you for such purposes.
3. User Content. You are solely responsible for any information that is transmitted from your IP address or your account on the web or other Internet services. You must ensure that the recipient of the content is appropriate and must take appropriate precautions to prevent minors from receiving inappropriate content. UFone reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials from the Service, in whole or in part, that UFone deems, in its sole discretion, to be illegal, offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable.
4. Commercial Use. The Service is designed for personal, non-business related use of the Internet and may not be used for commercial purposes. You may not resell the Service or otherwise make the Service available for use to persons outside your dwelling (for example, through an open wireless home network). You agree not to use the Service for operation as a de facto Internet service provider, or for any other business enterprise (whether for profit or non-profit), including, without limitation, IP address translation or similar facilities intended to provide additional access. For commercial Internet service please contact UFone Network.
5. Servers. You may not operate, or allow others to operate, servers of any type or any other device, equipment, and/or software providing server-like functionality in connection with the Service, unless expressly authorized by UFone.
6. Misuse of Service. You may be held responsible for any misuse of the Service that occurs through your account or IP address, even if the misuse was inadvertent. You must therefore take precautions to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to the Service or misuse the Service, including conduct in violation.
7. Hacking/Attempted Unauthorized Access. You may not use the Service to breach or attempt to breach the security of another user or attempt to gain access to any organization or person’s computer, software, or data without the knowledge and consent of such person. The equipment and the Service may not be used in any attempt to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks or computers for any reason. Use or distribution of tools for compromising security, such as password guessing programs, cracking tools, packet sniffers or network probing tools, is prohibited.
8. Security. You are solely responsible for the security of any device connected to the Service, including any data stored on that device. You are responsible for implementing appropriate security precautions for all systems connected to the Service to protect against threats such as viruses, spam, Trojan botnets, and other malicious intrusions. You are responsible for enabling the security of any wireless (Wi-Fi) networks connected to the Service. Any wireless network installed by the customer or a UFone representative that is unsecured or “open” and connected to the UFone network is prohibited. You authorize UFone to use technology to detect unsecured wireless networks associated with your use of the Service. If UFone determines that you are using the Service via an unsecured wireless network, UFone will notify you to enable the Security on the Wi-Fi device.
9. Disruption of Service. You may not disrupt the Service in any manner. You shall not interfere with computer networking or telecommunications services to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, denial of service attacks, flooding of a network, overloading a service, improper seizing and abuse of operator privileges or attempts to “crash” a host.
10. Viruses, Trojan Horses, Worms and Denial of Service Attacks. Software or other content downloaded from the Service may contain viruses and it is your sole responsibility to take appropriate precautions to protect your computer from damage to its software, files and data. You are prohibited from posting, transmitting or disseminating any information or software that contains a virus, Trojan horse, spambot, worm or other harmful program or that generates levels of traffic sufficient to impede others’ ability to send or retrieve information. Prohibited conduct of this type includes denial of service attacks or similarly disruptive transmissions, as well as transmissions containing other harmful or malicious features. We may suspend the Service without prior notice if we detect a harmful program such as a virus infection. Your service will be resumed once the harmful program is removed.
11. Email. You may not use the Service to send bulk, commercial or unsolicited (“spam”) email messages. Any unsolicited email, originating from any source, must not direct recipients to any website that is part of our Service, such as personal web pages, or other resources that are part of the Service. The Service may not be used to collect responses from unsolicited email sent from accounts on other Internet hosts or email services that violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of any other Internet service provider. In addition, “mail bombing,” the sending of numerous copies of the same or substantially similar messages or very large messages or files with the intent to disrupt a server or account, is prohibited.
You may not reference UFone in the header or body of an unsolicited email, or list an IP address that belongs to the UFone network in any unsolicited email. Further, you may not take any action which implies that UFone is the sponsor of any unsolicited email even if that email is not sent through the UFone network. Further, forging, altering or removing electronic mail headers is prohibited.
If the Service is disconnected, whether voluntarily or by termination, all user names and associated electronic email addresses may be immediately released for reuse. Upon disconnection, any mailbox contents may be immediately deleted or held in a locked state. Addresses and email may be held until UFone deletes them as part of its normal policies and procedures. There is no obligation for UFone to retain or make any user name, email address or stored email retrievable once the Service is disconnected.
12. Data Usage, Data Storage and Other Limitations. UFone offers multiple packages of Service with varying speeds, features and data plans (not all packages are available in all areas). You must comply with the current data usage, data storage, email limits and other requirements associated with the package of Service you selected. Information on speeds, usage and other features can be found at Speeds and Data Plans Information. You must ensure that your activities do not improperly restrict, inhibit, or degrade any other user’s use of the Service, nor represent (in UFone sole judgment) an unusually great burden on the network itself. In addition, you must ensure that your use does not improperly restrict, inhibit, disrupt, degrade or impede UFone ability to deliver the Service and monitor the Service, backbone, network nodes, and/or other network services. In some rare cases, UFone may suspend or terminate the Service if the issues in question have not been resolved after consultation with UFone.
13. Conflict. In the event of a conflict between the Subscriber Agreement, the terms of the Subscriber Agreement will prevail.
14. How to Contact UFone. For any questions regarding, complaints of violations, or cancellation notices, please contact UFone at one of the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: See your invoice or visit our Contact web page
- U.S. Mail: See your invoice or visit our Contact web page